FAQ - Questions about the Roman Festival
The regular admission prices of the Roman Town apply, i.e. you get the whole festival program for the regular admission!
If you purchase your tickets online in advance, you can use the fast lane at the box office! No queuing, a dedicated lane, just scan your ticket and off you go to the festival area. Tickets are available on our website!
The NÖ-Card is valid at the regular conditions. Say 1x free admission with the NÖ-Card per season, you can of course also redeem during the Römerfest!
Tip: Also with the NÖ-Card you can purchase tickets in advance online and use the fast lane. Simply enter the number of the card when paying at the point "Nö-Card".
The entrance fee also includes a visit to the exhibition "Weltstadt am Donaulimes" at the Carnuntinum Museum in Bad Deutsch Altenburg, where there is a great guided tour every hour from 10:00 to 15:00 (price: 4,- euro per person). Furthermore, the amphitheater of the military city can be visited with the ticket.
Children under 11 are admitted free when accompanied by an adult!
Reenactors represent people from the past. In our case of the ancient world. This can be for example:
- but also people of everyday life.
The Roman Festival 2022 welcomes over 300 reenactors!
Here are some highlights of this year's Roman Festival:
- The Legions of Rome: In addition to the tents, military exercises and just basically a lot of Romans, the legions of Rome go into battle against the barbarians 2x a day. An extraordinary experience!
- Carnuntum's gladiators: Carnuntum's own gladiator troupe, the Familia Gladiatoria Carnuntina performs at the Roman Festival in the large festival arena and shows all its skills. No collusion, but real fights with practice weapons.
- Play "World City at the Danube Limes": A play written especially for the Roman Festival. An exciting story from ancient Carnuntum!
- The craftsmen of the empire: Numerous merchants have pitched their tents at the Roman Festival and offer their extraordinary wares. From honey to wooden swords, everything is there!